100 women who care
If you are a busy productive woman who wants to contribute to your local community but struggle to find the time to do so, this is the organization for you!
Join a group of caring women who are making a big impact on PEI charities!
The idea to form a PEI chapter of 100 Women Who Care was introduced by Aileen Matters in 2013 after returning home to the Island to live. She was a former member of the Saint John, NB Chapter and recognized that PEI could really benefit from such a great idea. Her enthusiasm was equally matched by former UPEI classmates Valerie Docherty and Michele Dorsey. As a result the organizing committee was born!
Valerie brought in additional key members Kathy O’Rourke, Kathleen Casey, Beth Johnston and Heather Howatt to round out the talents and resources needed to complete the organizing committee.
The first meeting of the PEI Chapter was held in June, 2014 when the goal of 100 members was exceeded with 112 women registered. D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) program received a winfall of $11,200 as our first winning charity!
We currently have 130 members providing $13,000 in total to the winning charity at our September 12, 2017 meeting, with a total of $197,600 raised for Island charities since our inaugural meeting on June 9, 2014. By joining and donating your $100, you can help make a larger impact!
How we make miracles happen:
- Bring together 100 (or more) women in PEI who care about local community causes and who have a desire to contribute to a better community
- Meet for an hour
- Jointly select a local charity or non-for-profit organization (nominated ahead of time)
- Each write a $100 cheque to the selected organization and watch how the group’s commitment turns into a $10,000 donation – a miracle to a local charity!
- Do that four times a year and witness how a minimum of $40,000 can improve the lives of our neighbours when placed in the hands of deserving grass-roots agencies working to serve the local community.
Is it a fit for you?
- Are you committed to giving back to your community but are stretched for time?
- Do you want to be part of a powerful group of local women who make miracles happen for local charities?
- Do you want 100% of your financial donation to go directly to an Island charity?
- Do you have the ability to make a financial tax-deductible donation of $400 per year?
If this is you, register “here” and mark our next meeting on your calendar.